Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's New, Pottermore? And BOOKS!

I can't help it, i'm getting antsy for something new on Pottermore already. I've gone through all the chapters, collected everything, bought almost everything in Diagon Alley, and melted enough cauldrons for a lifetime! I am SO anxious for the second book to come out! I know i'm being extremely impatient because Pottermore isn't even fully open yet, but I'm just that way! I think my feelings are coming from ruining too many potions. I'm getting a but fed up with it, so i'm going to stop for a while.

To take my mind off it, i've been ordering a lot of books. I always thought of myself as a big reader, but then I realized that reading every book in The Clique series does not count as being a reader. There are SO MANY books I haven't even heard of and can't imagine reading right now! I feel awful. How could I have missed out all these years? As you may or may not know, I ordered three of John Green's books and pre-ordered his new one. Well, they came today and I'm SO excited! They are Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, and Paper Towns. I started reading Looking for Alaska and couldn't put it down! Until I realized I should probably finish my book for school first. So sadly, I put it down.

I also just pre-ordered Moureen Johnson's new book "The Name of the Star" today. I read the preview she tweeted and was instantly hooked! Along with that, I plan on purchasing the Hunger Games series before I leave for college, because I've heard nothing but great things about it, and I want to read it before the movie comes out. The official trailer was just released! It doesn't really give away anything about the movie though. Anyways, all of this book talk and reading lately has really  gotten me interested in writing and becoming an author. I am signed up for NaNoWriMo and I'm so excited! If you don't know what that is, it's National Novel Writing Month. It's held every year in November and you're supposed to write a novel of 50,000 words within the month. I can't wait!

Well, sorry if I bored you with my book talk. There wasn't much Pottermore talk today... oh well.

-Danielle

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Pottermore. I'm kind of bored with it. I'm really looking forward to the duelling though.
    I love John Green books. I thought Papertowns was the best and then Will Grayson, Will Grayson (which he co-wrote). I can't wait to get his new book! And Maureen Johnson's. They sound so great!
    And yes, the Hunger Games are brilliant! :D
    Good luck with NaNoWriMo, when it starts. I want to do it this year, but its my last year and I have exams and things :( Next year for sure though!
    (Sorry for the super long comment. I just love everything you wrote about haha)
    Steph <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I love your long comment! :)

    ReplyDelete