Sunday, August 28, 2011

Potions on Pottermore

My time today on Pottermore consisted solely on trying to master potions. I tried once this morning, but I got caught up doing stuff to get ready for college (I leave in two weeks) so I am only now getting a change to go back on and try again. I am writing this while waiting for a cure for boils potion to brew. I have successfully completed the first page on instructions, and now I must wait 80 minutes for it to brew. I am now sort of liking the difficulty of potions for two reasons. Number one, I imagine potions in real life is extremely difficult! And number two, I am a competitive person, so every time I fail it leaves me wanting to come back and try until I get it right!

On my first attempt, I set the heat too high and melted my cauldron. I was docked 5 house points and had to buy a new cauldron :'( The second time I completed the first steps, but when I clicked on the "come back later" link I could never get back to my potion. I asked on twitter, and people said it was a glitch. So now on my third try, I am leaving the page up and watching it closely. Just from the time I started writing to this point it has gone up to 8% complete. In order to attempt to quicken the pace, I purchased a copper cauldron, the most expensive one, from Diagon Alley. In potions where you get to select a cauldron, it says "fast" under it. This pleased me greatly. Much to my dismay, it still said 80 minutes, no difference from my pewter cauldron.

Now for some student numbers and points updates. There are currently 99,451 students on Pottermore in total. This will easily be over 100,000 by the next hour or so, at the rate it is going! 24,652 of them are Gryffindor,  25,589 of them are Ravencalw, 24,745 of them are Hufflepuff, and 24,516 are Slytherin. Numbers are still pretty much the same. As for house points, Ravenclaw is still in the lead with 10,649 points, followed by Slytherin with 10,328 points, Gryffindor 9,997 with points, and Hufflepuff in last with 9,367 points. Needless to say, these standings haven't changed either.

I must say, that even after a day, things are looking up for me on Pottermore! :) I am slowly beginning to enjoy potions, and I have secured a second account registered on day 7 that I will be able to use to re-sort. Since my Pottermore twitter and blog is revolved around my current account (GoldNight154) I will be keeping it for social interaction between Pottermore users that I know on twitter. Message or @reply me your username and I will gladly add you! :) Please don't post negative comments on my decision. I'm sure a lot of others would do the same thing. I also realize that it is in a sense "sacrilegious" because J.K. Rowling's word is supposed to be law, but I honestly believe a mistake was made. Well, that's about it! Let me know how YOU'RE doing on Pottermore if you're on, and what you're most looking forward to if you're still waiting! :)

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment