Friday, August 26, 2011

My Email Arrives! :D

The day is finally here! I'M ON POTTERMORE!!!!!!! It's actually a very funny story. So I was gone basically all day and didn't have a way to check my email. I got the Pottermore tweets on my phone though, so I knew what was happening. A few hours after the wave of emails came out, I had a chance to check my email. I did not have a Pottermore welcome email, but I DID have a Pottermore friend request email!!! I was so confused but excited, because that MUST mean that I am in the site! So sure enough, when I log onto Pottermore, I AM IN!!! I was SO happy and excited! But I couldn't start right then. I had to wait until I got home.

When I got home, I checked my email, and there was my Pottermore welcome email! It was just delayed a few hours! Haha! I was happy though, because I wanted a legit welcome email for my records! :) So, I went on, started exploring and playing, and was having a blast! After getting to Diagon Alley, I bought all my school supplies and purchased a barn owl as a pet! :) I really wanted a snowy owl, but they didn't have one :( At the end of Diagon Alley, I got to take the wand quiz to get my wand. I was SO excited and nervous. However, much to my surprise and happiness, I got an AMAZING wand! It is cedar wood, phoenix feather core, twelve and three quarter inches, slightly springy! I absolutely LOVE it! And it sounds like a Gryffindor wand, right?! Well, at least that's what I thought and was hoping for!

Unfortunately, much to my dismay, that was not the case. As I arrived at the sorting ceremony in chapter 7, I was excited but confident in the quiz. The questions were interesting, but slightly vague. At first I thought it was kind of cool, because it was harder to cheat than I expected, but now I completely regret it. As you might know from twitter, I was sorted into Slytherin. My first reaction was: SLYTHERIN! Slytherin?!?!?! ME?!?! Are you kidding me?! You CAN'T be serious!!!!!! I was so appalled and upset. Not only because Slytherin is my least favorite house, but also because I won't be able to change it for a while because this is my only account that's active!

I am also heartbroken because I wanted my Pottermore sorting to be real, legitimate, and final. I wanted to accept and love and welcome my house. I would have even LOVED to have Hufflepuff which is the house I have always associated with! And of course, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are my favorite, so I would have loved either of those as well. But alas, Pottermore decided to stab a knife through my heart and put me in Slytherin. The illusion for me is now shattered, because I wholeheartedly believe that the sorting hat was completely wrong! And not just because I hate Slytherin. It's because I honestly and truly believe that I am NOT a Slytherin. I believe I am a combination of Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. I am loyal, a good finder, a true friend, somewhat brave, adventurous, and outgoing. I am NOT ambitious, sly, cunning, etc, or anything else Slytherins embody. However, I am able to accept that the sorting hat made a mistake, because it has been said that Gryffindor and Slytherin have very similar qualities. I like to think that I would have been a hatstall, and that the sorting hat just chose wrong.

LOL. Enough of my rant. I don't really feel up to posting house standings or details of my opinions on every part of Pottermore tonight, so you can expect that tomorrow. Let me know in the comments what you think about the houses, sorting on Pottermore, and what house YOU want to be in, are in, or wanted to be in! Goodnight! :)

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment