Saturday, August 20, 2011

No Owls Today

As we awaited anxiously for another batch of welcome emails to arrive today, they unfortunately never came. Althouh there is still time in the day (it's only 7:00PM where I live) I seriously doubt any will be sent out today. I am to the point where I'm not really upset anymore, because I've been waking up for almost a month with the desperate hope that my welcome email will be in my inbox, but the day has still not come. It's become the norm for me to wake up, rub my eyes, and check my empty (besides a few twitter notifications) inbox.

So another day goes by without emails, yet the number of students on Pottermore continues to rise. Slowly but surely, everyday there are more and more students. Even on a day like today when the official Pottermore twitter tweets nothing and the Pottemore Insider Blog has not been updated, the numbers keep going up. Now, my first and pretty much only explanation for this is that people are simply just checking their emails at random and seeing that they have gotten their welcome email, or they were not able to open it when they first got it. This is the only logical explanation, because Pottermore itself stated that it would announce every time they sent out more emails. It irks be a bit though to think that some emails could be sitting in emails unopened, while so many of us are sitting here waiting.

However, like I said, it has not been affecting me that much lately. This is partly because I have already been on and seen Pottermore first hand, so the only real thing I have to look forward to is getting my wand, getting sorted, and going through chapters 8-17 which I have not seen yet. So let's all hope that they send a HUGE batch tomorrow, because at this point they've only sent out about 2% of the one million welcome emails. Until next time.

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment