Friday, August 19, 2011

A Normal Day

Today was pretty great. It was also a big step for me, because I barely thought about Harry Potter, and I only went on my friend's Pottermore once! Can you believe it?! I can't! Haha! Well, I slept in and then checked twitter and caught up with that. Then I went to my friend's house and we hung out for a while. She's a Harry Potter fan (but not nearly as big as me. She's didn't even register for Pottermore!) so I showed her Pottermore for a bit. Then we went out to lunch and came back to my house. We didn't get to do much before her mom came to pick her up. So now i'm about to go help my sister cook dinner, but I wanted to get this blog post up before I forgot!

There isn't much Harry Potter or Pottermore related to talk about today, which is a shock! Well first off, I keep getting the Pottermore Support Message every time I go to the site (the purple screen of death) but then after one or two countdowns the page loads. It's strange, because usually when I see the message, the whole site is down for a while. Also, the wizard duelling feature is still down. It's been down for at least four days now! I sure hope it's back up before I get my own account! I'm really looking forward to that!

Now for some current statistics and house standings on Pottermore. The current total number of students is: 21,758 with 5,113 in Gryffindor, 6,426 in Ravenclaw, 5,129 in Hufflepuff, and 5,090 in Slytherin. Slytherin, although having the least members, is in the lead for the House Cup with 2,853 points, followed by Ravenclaw with 2,723 points, Gryffindor with 2,694 points, and Hufflepuff rounding out the end with 3,519 points. I'm proud of Gryffindor for not being too far behind Ravenclaw! I hope one of them overtakes Slytherin soon! (sorry Slytherins!) As for Hufflepuff, I am sad that they are in last place, because I currently classify myself as a Hufflepuff (until the Pottermore Sorting Hat says otherwise, or confirms it!). They need to step up to the plate!

Well, that's pretty much it for tonight. There isn't much else to talk about until I get on my own account. Once I do, I will detail each chapter as I go through it, with my explanation, thoughts, likes, and dislikes. My first official Pottermore post will also detail the pet I buy at Diagon Alley, the wand that chooses me at Ollivander's, and which house I get sorted into! I will also screen cap the questions that it asks for both wand choosing and sorting so I can relay them to you guys as well! I will not post the pictures however, because I am afraid of copyright. So stay tuned for all of that! See you next time!

-Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)

    Dear dear! The house standings and everything happening and here we are still waiting for the welcome email </3

    About the site being down- I believe it happens when they send out fresh batches of mails. I'm not completely sure of it, but that's how I comprehend it.

    Potterhead forever

    ~ Asra :)

    ReplyDelete