Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Weekend Without Owls

As Sunday draws to a close, we come to the sad conclusion that Pottermore emails will be MIA for the entire weekend. I for one am half and half between completely shocked and understanding. I am shocked because I did not expect them to skip two whole days in a row. At this rate, unless they send out enormously HUGE batches like 10,000 a day or more, they will definitely not get through everyone in time. On the other hand, I can somewhat understand, because when they didn't come yesterday, I had a small inkling that they wouldn't come today either. Why would they randomly skip Saturday an then all of a sudden send some out on Sunday, when there is, after all, no post on Sundays! I figured that if they skipped Saturday, they were skipping the whole weekend, which they did. This does have high prospects however, because it most certainly means that they will be sending more out tomorrow (Monday). Although I cannot confirm this, I have pretty good hopes that it is true. I mean, why on earth would they skip three days?! Especially right after tweeting that they would be sending more!

My theory is that they should be sending more emails faster, because  they should be fixing problems that beta testers are finding with the site. However, nothing has changed since I have been on my friend's account. Also, the "beta feedback" feature on Pottermore is simply one survey ranking the page, and you can do that for every page. That is the only way to give feedback, yet there are no places to type anything in. This seems very illogical and counterproductive. I don't understand, because it is essentially just asking you to rate the pages, so the only logical thing they could do with that is change or delete pages that get the least votes. However, they wouldn't know what to change because we can't tell them! This seems like a pretty big flaw, because I thought that was the point of the beta testers. Well, there's nothing we can really do about it. I'm sure no one minds anyway, because most people probably just wanted to get on early to simply be on early.

Well, that's all for today. There really isn't much to talk about at all. Let's all hope tomorrow is a better day!

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment