Saturday, August 13, 2011

Waiting for Pottermore

Hello and welcome to the first of (hopefully) many posts about the upcoming Pottermore website and Harry Potter in general. First off, i'll let you know how you can find me on the internet! My username on Pottermore is GoldNight154 and I created a special Twitter account for it as well which is @GoldNight154. If you have any suggestions for blog posts, feel free to @reply me on Twitter or email me at GoldNight154@gmail.com

To beging my journey into blogging, I want to talk about the newest Harry Potter craze, and that is Pottermore. Now, until Pottermore actually opens to the lucky early access Beta users, we can only speculate about what it will actually be like, how we will get to interact with other users, and most importantly, WHEN we will get in!!! I'm pretty darn sure that's the the main thing on any Potterhead's mind lately! It sure is on mine all the time! On that note, I recently came accross a great blog post from @ElmBlade43 on Twitter about possible days that they will start sending out welcome emails. They listed possible reasons for August 14th-17th and pretty much all of them had at least one convincing fact that would lead you to believe that it's the right day. Alas, we will not truly know until we A) see the sign-in button reappear on Pottermore.com, or B) get the email ourselves! I myself check my email, Twitter, Pottermore.com, and the Pottermore Insider Blog multiple times a day! Nothing ever happens though. However, seeing as I got in on Day 1, I hope to get my email soon! You can read the original blog post here: http://elmgoestohogwarts.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/owl-watch-2011/

As you probably know by now, successful early access Beta registrants were sent a Congratulations email a few days ago, confirming that they would be gaining early access to Pottermore. While I was happy to receive mine and excited to get an official Pottermore email, it did not give ANY new information. I believe it was sent merely as an attempt to calm us down and get us to stop bugging them! However, it was confirmation nonetheless, and probably worsened the anxiety and excited that Potter fans had!

My personal theory on when the first set of welcome emails will be sent is Monday, August 15th. The first reason is because it is the exact middle of the month, and the congratulations email stated that the welcome emails will start to arrive "mid-August." The second reason is because it is the beginning of the week, and I feel like J.K. Rowling wouldn't send out emails randomly in the middle of the week. The third (and most silly) reason is because I am hosting a Harry Potter/Pottermore Extravaganza party that day, and it would make my LIFE if I got my Pottermore welcome email the day of my party! I know it's stupid, and has no logic, but it's one of my reasons!  :D

So until that fateful day, we sit at our computers, tweeting and blogging away, waiting for Pottermore. Tell me in the comments when you think Pottermore will open! When did you register for Pottermore? Let me know what you think of my first post, and have a great day!

-Danielle

1 comment:

  1. I registered until the fourth day :( so my waiting time isn't even close to over.

    ReplyDelete