Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another Day on Pottermore

After a full day on Pottermore, I can honestly say that it's kind of a let-down. Don't get me wrong - Pottermore is AMAZING! I don't want to discourage people that still have not received their emails, because it is SO worth it!!! But once you finish going through the first book, there isn't much else to do. I mean, you can brew potions and wizard duel to earn house points, but I always ruin my potions and burn my cauldrons, and duelling is still down! You don't get any more money until you start the next book, so once you spend it all, you can't get anymore, and there are only a few places throughout the chapters where some coins are hidden, but it's not much! And there's only so much you can find and read throughout the chapters, so even if you go back through them, you'll finish everything and get bored of it eventually.

I don't mean to sound harsh or ungrateful, but that is just how I feel. I barely logged on at all today, because firstly I didn't have time, but secondly, I got discouraged when I lost 5 house points for failing a potion, and turned it off! I'm a sore loser! ;) I just hope that the second book comes soon! I know it won't be till a while after October, but I heard a rumor that J.K. Rowling has already finished it, and it is coming out in January. Either way, I am excited!!! I love that they are releasing each one at different times, because it not only gives us more to look forward to, but it also makes it that much better when we finally get it! It also prevents people (like me) from rushing through all 7 books in one day! If all of them were available, I would be finished by now! Haha. :)

Now for some Pottermore stats and info for those of you still waiting! :) There are currently 95,132 students in total on Pottermore. 23,600 of them are Gryffindor, 24,573 are Ravenclaw, 23,645 are Hufflepuff, and 23,314 are Slytherin. As you can see, Ravenclaw is still the biggest house with a little over 1,00 more than all the other houses, and Slytherin is still the smallest house. As for house points, Ravenclaw is in the lead with 9,809 points, followed by Slytherin in second place with 9,506 points, then Gryffindor with 9,180 points, and Hufflepuff in last (as always) with 8,473 points. This does not surprise me, because it is basically what the standings have been like since Pottermore opened.

On another note, my Dear Mr. Potter book came yesterday, and it's absolutely amazing! Every letter is so well written and touching! And I absolutely LOVE that they got famous fandom people like Melissa Anelli, John Green, and Evanna Lynch to send in their stories! Well, that's basically it for tonight. PLEASE don't take what I said wrong, because I still LOVE Pottermore and it is still AMAZING! It just has some lulls once you finish everything. I'm sure it will be MUCH better when it opens to the public, because wizard duelling will be fixed, and maybe potions will be easier too! Goodnight! :)

-Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment