Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Swarm of Owls!

This morning, a huge swarm of Pottermore owls left to deliver welcome emails to thousands of eagerly awaiting beta testers. Once again, I was not one of the lucky recipients. However, three people I know in real life were! This is very exciting, because it shows that they are starting to send out more and more at a time! A few hours later, another Pottermore Insider blog post revealed that that was indeed true! It stated that they have been studying the activity of Pottermore, and have decided to let more in at a time. Unfortunately, that comes at a cost, which is that they will soon be taking a very long break from sending emails.

This is very nerve-wracking and frightening. Everyone that has yet to receive their email is freaking out, i'm sure, like I am. They didn't even give an exact date. They simply said "over the next week or so." So what does that exactly mean?! It could mean only until the weekend, the entire next week, or a week and a half after that! Who knows?! Well, I am keeping hopeful, because most everyone I know in person that is on Pottermore got on Day 1, and so did I. So I am hoping and praying that they at least let everyone in who got in Day 1. If they don't, I will be extremely shocked, and very hurt (if I am one of the ones left out).

Although I thought that questions were very humorous, I was very pleased and happy that they took the time to answer some questions and write such a lengthy blog post. It made me feel a lot better (besides the large pause part) and I'm sure it made others feel better too! Let's just pray that for the entire "week or so" before the big pause, they don't skip any days of sending out emails! If they do, I fear that all Day 1 people might not get in by the big pause.

Now for the current stats and standings. Since this morning, numbers have skyrocketed, which proves the sheer size of this morning's email wave. There are currently 48,361 students on Pottermore in total. Starting in the lead, we have Ravencalw with 13,933 members, Hufflepuff with 11,550 members, Slytherin with 11,472 members, and Gryffindor rounding out the end with 11,406. As for house points, Ravenclaw is currently in the lead with 5,432 points, followed by Slytherin with 5,307 points, Gryffindor with 5,235 points, and Hufflepuff in last with 4,681 points. This is extremely surprising because just yesterday those standings were completely different! I am happy though, because I WANT Pottermore to fluctuate a lot and be realistic! :D

I am STILL waiting patiently for my email. After almost an entire month of waiting, it will be SO bittersweet and weird to get my email, but I still cannot wait!!! It's been extremely hard watching all my real life friends brag about being on! I feel like by the time I get on, it won't be cool or important anymore. I feel like no one is worried about sorting anymore because they're already done with that! :'( It's still hard to see people talk about it online, but much easier than hearing it from people in person or over text or Facebook. Well, that's it for now! See you tomorrow! :)

-Danielle

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I am extremely disappointed that not even a quarter of the people who found the quill have received emails. I realize that they want to start slowly because of the sheer number of people. That being said, I don't think it is fair, and now they decide they are going to take a break?!?!?!?! Many people will have already finished initially exploring the site, so they plan to not send emails when usage might have slackened??? Extremely unhappy and bitter and when I do get access to Pottermore I just won't give a darn because I've had to wait soooo long!!! I will not plan on gaining access until after September 15 because I think they'll take a two week break. Very, very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete