Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm a Ravenclaw?!

So, it's been a while. I've spent the last few weeks kind of taking a break from Harry Potter and my Pottermore twitter. I moved into my dorm at college, so I haven't had much time, although I am checking my twitter almost daily. Anyways, this post is about me getting my second Pottermore account activated, and getting re-sorted. As you can tell from the title, I got sorted into Ravenclaw!!! :D While I am ecstatic, I feel a bit guilty for re-sorting. I also have almost no desire to even go on Pottermore anymore. I haven't even gone through all the chapters with my new account yet. I just stopped once I was sorted and let it sit there. I will eventually, because I am going to be using my new account once the new books come out, but still, I feel bad.

I am definitely keeping it though, because I am SO MUCH happier in Ravenclaw than I ever was in Slytherin! I was still a faithful Slytherin and earned them as many house points as I could, but I now consider myself a Ravenclaw. Until recently however, I would never even imagine myself as a Ravenclaw, though. Ravenclaw was the house that I longed to be in, but knew I would never fit in. I am not very smart or clever. However, this year I have become insanely into reading and writing and am a Literature major. I spend almost a third of my day reading and writing. I realize now that I have sort of become a Ravenclaw in a small way, and perhaps that's the reason why I was sorted there. Back at home, I didn't care much, and just got good grades and had fun; a Slytherin sort of lifestyle. Here in college though, I have become so studious and academic based, that I have somewhat transformed into a Ravenclaw.

I have always loved reading in general, so I know I had a few Ravenclaw qualities in me to begin with, but college brought them to the surface. I am happy for that. Being placed in Ravenclaw has increased my drive to succeed in school, and be as smart and knowledgeable as I can be. So that is how I am justifying being re-sorted into Ravenclaw. Let me know what you think in the comments! :)

[PS: I was also placed in Ravenclaw on snitchseeker.com so.... coincidence? I think not! ;) ]

-Danielle

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about Pottermore! After I went through all the new data, there wasn't much else to do.

    And about sorting, that's actually one of the things I don't like about Pottermore. I always felt that one of the major themes in the books was the idea that each of us has the power to choose the kind of person he or she wants to be. In a way, I think Pottermore's method of sorting undermines that.

    Regardless, if you want to be a Ravenclaw, I think you probably are one. To me, Ravvies are people who are really devoted to learning, not just geniuses.

    ReplyDelete